Penicillin Allergy
So for the second weekend in a row, we ended up in the emergency room with Cameron. First trip was because he said his ears hurt, and he had a cold.( When Alex was a little boy he had his fair share of ear infections, so I can basically diagnose them myself) Anyway, the doctors put him on amoxicillin, twice a day....well on Sunday morning he woke up with a rash all over his body and face. I freaked out thinking it could be Meningitis or Chicken Pox. With a baby in the house, neither of those options sounded good. After the ER trip, it turns out that Cameron has a Penicillin Allergy. So the good news is he is not contagious, but the poor little guy looks pretty beat up! I took some pictures, but in real life the rash looks a lot worse. We are giving him lots of TLC....and Benadryl, per the doctors advice. One good part of all of this....Cameron is not much of a sleeper, and the Benadryl knocks him out! :)
0 comments


No comments:
Post a Comment